Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCL XL Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

apersoncalledsmit

IS-IT--Management
Jul 17, 2009
GB
Hi,
One of our customers is having a problem when printing Word documents containing jpeg files to their printer. They are using the latest HP Universal Print Driver PCL6 and are receiving the following message.
Subsystem: JPEG
Error: UnsupportedCompressedFormat
Operator: ReadImage
Position: 51
They are using a mixture of HP printers (4250, 4200) and are receiving the error on all printers when printing these documents. The printers are shared from a Windows 2008 R2 server.
Has anyone see this before?
Thanks,

Update the firmware for both the printer and the NIC's.
Install the standard drivers for those units.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Revert back to PCL5 drivers.

Liverpool: Capital of Culture 2008
Anfield: Capital of Football since 1892
Iechyd da! John
Glannau Mersi, Lloegr.

I'd say use a PS driver instead.
It should eliminate the PCL XL errors, but will also slow the overall print speed a bit...

It's all well and good saying "update the firmware" but have you tried to find a firmware for a HP printer? They are pretty hard to come by!

Obtaining firmwares should not really be a problem unless you ask for real old ones or betas.
I have access to most HP LaserJet FW's via my work and they are all public available.
So if you need a specific FW version just post your need in the forum and I'll have a look [wink]

The solution is change to the PCL 5 driver. This sorts out loads of problems including this and collation errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back