Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCCHIPS Motherboard info needed PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalbert1

Technical User
May 23, 2002
US
I bought a "bare bones" system from Fry's Electronics and FINALLY found out that my motherboard is a PcChips M758LMR+. I went ot the PcChips website and it appears that almost all links are dead.

I need to find a manual and new bios updates for this board. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, I think the board is making me have video problems. I was getting choppy and slow framerate on games, so I bought a new video card, installed it, and am still getting the same results. Any suggestions on the motherboard?

BTW..Old game, system is PIII 866 with 256mb ram.

THanks!!!

easiest way to find any thing for PCCHIPS is use google search engine or copernic. that is how i found the bios upgrade for my sisters old 400 MRT motherboard.
Frank Smith
s0121@starband.net
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

Dead?!!!!!!!!!!!

Try this
I just checked it.

all links looked ok. and no problem going to M758LMR+ page.

Good luck [thumbsup2

I just tried it and keep getting a "This page cannot be displayed" message.

This is in the manuals section. M758LMR+.

Also, none of the bioses will download.

Thanks

Hi dalbert1
I get the same result. It seams their FTP server is down!
I used the site lot log ago, it was ok downloading some drivers.
Have you tried any of their local Agents?
What do you want the manual for? I might be able to answer some of your questions.

Regards

i am current on the page right now.. 8:50PM CST and the manual is there to Download.

s0121

Frank Smith
s0121@starband.net
"SomeWhere in Kansas--"Near Dodge City"

Thanks alot for the replies. I still can't get it to find a page. I guess I'll keep trying at different intervals throughout the day.

Does anyone have any ideas about my video problem???

Thanks again.
Doug
Dallas-TX

In regards to my previous post. It was necessary for me to type into my address bar as the link in this forum brought me to a "server not found" page. I am wondering if this is the same problem you had with the pcchips site.

Hi All
It seemed that day the servers were down for some reason
But they are up and running now. Actually I tested it again after s0121’s post and it connected me.
I have downloaded some files from it since.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back