Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCChips M810DLU Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank668

Technical User
Oct 21, 2002
CA
Hi, I got a problem here...

I have an IBM that the mainboard used to burn (!) and I needed to change it. Now, I used a PCChips M810DLU (Duron 2000+ Onboard) but I am unable to get the computer booted up. I changed the power supply, I changed the RAM, I changed the power cable and I changed the monitor. I was doing my tests with the JP1 setting (CMOS) to Normal (and not Clear). The problem I have is that I can't reach tje BiOS or CMOS, the monitor doesn't even power up ! And yes the monitors were all plugged in and meant to work on another motherboard. I have removed the board from the case and tried it again with no luck!

Should I declare it as defective ??

Thanks, Frank.

Sorry if this sounds really dumb but the PCchips motherboards we were recently recieving came with the cmos jumper set to clear as default and the manual showing the jumper the WRONG WAY, it was only by accident that we discovered the typo error in the manual so in effect this particular motherboard was running properly in cmos clear position according to there manual.
Other thing to check is the front side bus setting, most Durons are 200fsb (but I'm not familiar with these integrated CPU's and I know some of the recent Duron's have gone to a 266fsb)
Martin

Replying helps further our knowledge, without comment leaves us wondering.

Like I said, I noticed the jumper set to CMOS CLEAR and I have replaced it on CMOS NORMAL. That is not the problem.

Also, the CPU is Onboard, so there is no way to replace it and by that way there is no way to set the FSB or RAM speed since it does only support PC2100. The motherboad came with the CPU on it and there is no jumper that I could use to change it anyways.

Thanks

-Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back