Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCC tree hidden 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjangMan

Programmer
Jun 1, 2001
CA
This is about the fourth time this has happened and trying to search on the issue returns many pages of incorrect results. Hopefuly someone here has encountered this.

Yesterday in the Pervasive Control Center I could see my database tree on the left hand side of the window. At one point I closed the PCC and then opened it again and my database list is gone from view. There isn't any way to restore the list short of re-installing Pervasive. Unless someone knows otherwise...?

This has not happened to me since I switched to MS SQL;)
I found some reference to this and a solution:
If you get into this state, close PCC again and delete
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Pervasive Software\PSQL\rcp\workspace-pcc\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.ui.workbench\workbench.xml

Forgot this bit as well..
Note: After performing the workaround, PCC should start fine with the default settings. If the same order of events repeats and PCC is unusable again, you will need to remove the file again using this workaround. The xml file contains appearance settings for PCC windows, and removing it will not affect functionality.

That did it! Thank you! Still have clients on Pervasive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back