Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacca

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2000
US
I would like to pcanywhere from my desk at work to my
desktop at home... I installed pcanywhere 9.2 on both machines and enabled ports on my norton firewall to exept
connections..
The problem is that I have a proxy 2.0 firewall and I think that this is blocking me from getting out.. how do I fix this so I can get to my files on my desktop at home...

Thanks...

Elizabeth

Thanks.. I was wondering.. I can sit on the firewall server and pcanywhere to my desktop at my house without a problem. Do I still need to make this change to the registry?? I am on the same 3com switch as the servers are.. not sure if a problem cause I am going through this type of switch???

thanks....

Elizabeth

Thanks.. I was wondering.. I can sit on the firewall server and pcanywhere to my desktop at my house without a problem. Do I still need to make this change to the registry?? I am on the same 3com switch as the servers are.. not sure if a problem cause I am going through this type of switch???

thanks....

Elizabeth

Honestly I don't know. It wasn't as related to my issue as I was hoping when I read through it, so I can't be positive on the implimentaton. I think only the host ports need to be configured. Try reading the Q(MS Knowledge Base) article linked at the bottom of that Symantec site. Sorry I am not more help.

It sounds like you may have to open the UDP ports on the firewall to allow your remote session to pass through out to the Internet and into your host machine.

Sorry for the split reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back