Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere Version Conflicts ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluenoser337

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
CA
Does anyone know of version conflicts with pcAnywhere. Can't get anywhere with their tech support. For example...can version 11.5 on remote connect to version 10.0 on host? I need to make connections (mostly dial-up) to many machines with versions 8.0 and higher...and don't want to get messed up just by upgrading my machine. I have had a few issues but Symantec blame modem incompatibility...but I'm not so sure this is correct in every situation. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I am not familiar with the 8.0 version, I came in around 9.0 and this is the only thing I know about an issue with versions in the following link. I have the latest version and have no problems accessing my customers with older versions. I do have an issue if they are running some kind of active desktop background, even when I have my end set to disable it.

Bo

Remember,
If the women don't find you handsome,
they should at least find you handy.
(Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back