Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCanywhere Security Concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2001
US
I'm about to propose a remote management solution for a couple of the field offices that I support at my job. The time it takes me to travel to the field office, and also other responsibities have led me to really consider using some type of remote access software such as PCanywhere. For those of you who have a lot of experience using this in a work setting what are some of your recommendations as far as setting up a secure environment to use PCanywhere, I want to implement the strongest security methods possible, because my senior management has some reservations regarding this. Thanks for any guidance.

The security issues will vary depending on how you want to actually connect. Will you be using an internet connection or will you be dialing directly to the computer in question?

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back