Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere Security and Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixote15

MIS
Jan 19, 2001
US
I have never used PCAnywhere before and don't know it's capabilities. I will set up a scenario.
I have a home computer and one at work. Both have PCAnywhere installed. If I am at work and someone is using my PC at home can I "watch" them without them knowing it? eg if they opened up douments could I see that, if they were surfing to "certain" site could I see that?..basically, can PCAnywhere be Big Brother?

Hmmm, could be... but it probably wouldn't be a very good one. The version of PCA that I work with doesn't have a stealth mode (at least, not one that I have found).
VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com

"If you can get people to ask the wrong questions, they'll never find the right answers."[tt]
Thomas Pynchon[/tt]

Perhaps the reverse is also true....

haha..although your answer seems a little "tongue in cheek"..I think you've answered my question..thanks..and pardon my ignorance..I've just never seen the program used before although I've heard of it for awhile

Sorry if my response seemed out of line. I never seem to set the correct tone in the written word.

PCA is really a great program. You can see and control everything that happens on another system. I used to have my little home network set up so I could control all of the computers with one keyboard and one mouse. But I had to disable PCA on all but two of them because the kids complained about the mouse moving on its own, opening and closing programs without their permission.

I'm not really a bad man, but I did have a bit of fun. :)

You might look into Remote Control. I believe it is a little less expensive and, although it isn't as "feature rich" as PCanywhere, I believe it requires less overhead.

Both are good products and both deserve a look if you are considering such a purchase.

VCA.gif

Alt255@Vorpalcom.Intranets.com

"If you can get people to ask the wrong questions, they'll never find the right answers."[tt]
Thomas Pynchon[/tt]

Perhaps the reverse is also true....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back