Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere problem..HELP!!! please

Status
Not open for further replies.

trishtruelop

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2003
US
Hi.
I need help!!! I'm using PCAnywhere 10.5.1 and everytime I connect to another computer it disables their active desktop & everything has to be reset. I have UNCHECKED the box to disable active desktop. Any ideas?

You did not specify the version of the operating system from either the remote or local side.

This is critical.

So working blind:

1. Current release of pcanywhere is 11, update the client and remote software;
2. If using as a client OS from the remote side Win2k or XP in a Domain environment, use Terminal Services for the formaer and Remote Desktop for the latter instead;
3. If trying for the first time to connect to an XP as remote client, see #1 and #2 above. It will not work otherwise.
4. There are permission and encryption issues that you need to deal with. Without further details, your settings from the remote client to the local client are incorrect.
5. Make certain the license for both local and remote client are authenticated licenses. The remote service under XP from either direction will not work otherwise.

Sorry...I am running XP on most all my computers. And everything was fine until I loaded PCA version 11.0 on mine & then connected to a remote with 10.5 (an XP machine). The active desktop goes away when I connect now. And I have to reset it everytime. And goes away when the screensaver come one too when I'm connected. I don't know what I had set differently before. But I've since unloaded 11.0 on mine went back to 10.5.1 and it is still doing it.
Thanks for your help though.

Sorry...I am running XP on most all my computers. And everything was fine until I loaded PCA version 11.0 on mine & then connected to a remote with 10.5 (an XP machine). The active desktop goes away when I connect now. And I have to reset it everytime. And goes away when the screensaver come one too when I'm connected. I don't know what I had set differently before. But I've since unloaded 11.0 on mine went back to 10.5.1 and it is still doing it.
Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back