Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCANYWHERE - MODEM CAN'T CONNECT WITHOUT RESTART

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmandra

MIS
Mar 27, 2003
US
Hi there,
I have a really annoying problem. I have pcanywhere v 11 on my windows 2000 desktop. When I try connecting to my remote machine, it always works fine the first time. If I close the session and try connecting a second time from this machine, I can here it connect but the pcanywhere screen goes away. Then, the modem is completely hung up - I can't even check its diagnostics in control panel.
I have put Windows xp on this machine, replaced the motherboard and tried several modems but the problem is persistent. There are several other machines accessing this same remote and can do so multiple times concurrently without this problem.
Any suggestions? I used the default install for remote and host.

I have heard of problems with that version. May or may not be true. Still I only use 10.5 with out issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back