Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PcAnywhere loses connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcuz

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
I'm trying to utilize PcAnywhere through a vpn connection. After establishing the vpn connection I am able to login to the PcAnywhere host but I don't ever see the desktop, I just get a black screen in my pcanywhere display. The host reacts to my initial mouse movement from the remote but then the connection locks up. Both systems remain locked for about 30 seconds and the connection is dropped. My remote pc is win98 and my host is win2k. PcAnywhere is version 10. VPN authentication takes place at the firewall before I do anything with PcAnywhere. Any ideas? Thanks.

dankelt,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried reducing video resolution to 256 on both the host and remote as well as reducing modem speed to 9600. Still no luck. After getting the black screen on the remote I move the mouse and the pointer on the host follows the initial movement for about one second and then the connection locks up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back