Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere login issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8jbrown

Technical User
Feb 25, 2003
US
I am connecting from a Windows 2003 Small Business Server to an XP Pro computer. I am using the pcAnywhere authentication. When I connect, it's prompting me for a Windows logon. Anyone have any clue on that????? I've used pcAnywhere daily for over 5 years and have never seen this. I can't find any other settings that would cause this.

-Nathan

No. Are you sure it is a windows password. Make sure the host that is waiting doesn't have a password set. Maybe the host machine needs a password after screensaver?

Bo

Kentucky phone support-
"Mash the Kentrol key and hit scape."

I use PC Anywhere everyday to dial into customers. It really does sound like you are hitting either a screensave or some of my clients use a Windows app called Lock Workstation.
Tiver

Hi,

The Host properties on the remote PC include a tab for callers. This could be set to 'Use Windows Authentication with PCAnywhere privileges' or 'Use Windows Authentication with Windows Privileges', and you need to edit it to say 'Use PCanywhere Authentication with PCAnywhere Privileges'.

Did you configure the Remote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back