Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere host not accepting CTRL+ALT+DEL

Status
Not open for further replies.

amwmsh

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2003
US
I have a pcAnywhere32 host here at work. It is a desktop belonging to one of my users. She has the remote software installed at home. It is connected via modem dial up. Her OS her at the office is Windows NT which requires a CTRL+ALT+DEL to login to her office machine.

At home she is dialing up and connecting but when it comes up for her to CTRL+ALT+DEL to logon nothing happens. She presses CTRL+ALT+DEL but she says it just acts like it didn't recognize that she did anything. There is no error message but the machine doesn't respond and she is unable to access her office machine.

This worked in the past and she doesn't recall anything that we have changed recently. If anyone has any ideas of things I can check/try I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Amanda

@prha:
Thank you for teaching us with pcAnywhere. At the moment I expierence the same problem.

Host NT4
Remote NT4

I've no idea what causes this problem.

Please help.

well you never know! ask the obvious questions first!

She is using the menu to send the CTRL+ALT+DEL to the remote workstation. I thought the same thing right at first and was hoping she just forgot she had to use the menu no luck there.

She is using the menu and just nothing seems to be happening at all...no response.

Thanks,
Amanda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back