Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere from a VPN to a different subnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clutchit

IS-IT--Management
Jan 9, 2003
US
I work in the IT department of a large company and I sometimes VPN into work to do work. Many of the PC's that I work on are on a different network (ie they are on a 10.2.X.X network where I am on a 10.1.X.X but we are on the same domain) and I am only able to PCAnywhere into PC's on my network (10.1.X.X) through the VPN. The funny thing is that when I go physically into work I can PCAnywhere into all the machines. When I'm at work and I check the VPN through a dial up connection I'm able to get to all the machines just fine (Yes, I made sure the NIC card was unplugged when I did this). I'm stumped!!! I don't know if it's settings at home or at work!!! At home I have a DLink 714 wireless router connected to the internet via a cable modem. The DLink does DHCP. Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Routers at work not allowing external connections to cross subnets?

I agree. However, why would I be able to get to the machines on a dial up?

I think it may have something to do with the fact that I upgraded to PCAywhere 10.5. Before I did this, everything worked fine. I'll go back to 9 and see if that fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back