Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere Drop Outs

Status
Not open for further replies.

superned

Technical User
Jul 19, 2005
GB
Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can throw any light on this issue I have been having?

I have PCAnywhere 11 on 1 PC at work and 1 PC at home. Both machines running WinXP Home. I have set the work PC as the host and the home pc to connect remotely. On 1st connection the home PC connects fine and PCAnywhere works exactly as it should for about 3 minutes. Then the connection drops. If I try to reconnect all I get is the message "connecting" and it just hangs. The only way I can resolve this is to reboot the PC at work and the PC at home. It will then connect ok for another short time period.

I am sure I must be missing something obvious but I just can't figure it out!

Any suggestions would be very welcome, and if you need further information please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Make sure your Work computers pcAnywhere Host service is set to Auto, Control Panel\Admin Tools\Services. I had this problem with a Win2k machine and a XP Pro computer, the Win2k was set to manual and would allow a short connection then drop the session.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back