Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCANYWHERE connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hi everyone.
I have a problem with PCANYWHERE: we have an automation system at work that runs on windows 3.1 platform. I need to have a remote access capability.
I installed a modem and it seems to work fine, and a 16 bit PCanywhere version 2.0 which has been installed. When I try to connect to the automation system from home, I use a Pentium 633 with windows ME on it. I have installed the PCanywhere 2.0 version on my home machine, and it seems to work. The problem I have is that when the modems connects, I get a black screen on the host screen, the remote computer is being recognized and its name displayed, and all I get is ASCII garbage. I have tried increasing # of rings, and decreased communications speed to 9600 baud per symantec's advice, but no luck.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

16er

Make sure video is set to Compatibility for the HOST
and REMOTE.

If that fails, get rid of Windows ME. Glenn A
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are tasty and crunchy and good with ketchup."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back