Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere changes Desktop settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosremark

Technical User
Jan 29, 2003
US
I have two hosts setup, one on an XP Pro computer and one on an XP home computer. When the XP Home computer remotes to the XP pro computer and ends the session the XP Pro computers desktop settings change to Home computers desktop. This does not occur when the Pro computer remotes to the Home computer. The desktop appearance is what is changing, one computer is using the Silver scheme and the other is using the Blue XP scheme. Using pcAnywhere ver 11.01.

Thanks for any help

The entire scheme is changing (including background wallpaper, etc...)

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Yeah I know, that's the problem. How can I make it not change?

Chad

Might start by tweaking the options on your remote pc (the xp home one). In the program, go to tools>options, remote operations tab. Try disabling the video cache, or unchecking the option to disable active desktop on the host. If that doesn't do it, post the version along with when this started happening.

Matt J.

Please always take the time to backup any and all data before performing any actions suggested for ANY problem, regardless of how minor a change it might seem. Also test the backup to make sure it is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back