Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere and Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmiller11

MIS
Jan 20, 2003
US
I can not get the pcanywhere to work with any other prot then 5631 and 5632. I set up the Linksys router for 5641 to 5642 for BOTH and then give it an internal ip number to go to. I set up the host and remote to match. If I change everything to 5631 and 5632 it works and works to any internal ip address I set up but can't get any other ports working with it. Any I deas? I checked Symantec and what I am doing is correct but it just isn't working for me. I have 5 different people coming through the router that I want to go to different machines/Internal_IP_Addresses so they need to use different port numbers. Ahh, I am using Version 11 and Win XP

I already had the redirection done within the router. The problem I found was in the host configuration side. I did not have it configured properly to the ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back