Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere and modem changing

Status
Not open for further replies.

robatwork

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2003
GB
I use pcAnywhere - updated to the latest 10.5.3 via Liveupdate, on my W2K PC.

I control several hundred remote connections from here.

I have had to change my modem, and the new one is, obviously, seen as a different name in device manager.

It's simply not practical to change each entry one by one to reflect this. How can I globally change my Remote entries to reflect the name of the new modem? I've searched Symantec's knowledgebase with no luck so far.....

thanks for any advice
regards
Rob

Have you contacted Symantec's technical support? They would certainly be the authority on whether this can be done or not.

I have done, yes. Put it this way - I'm not holding my breath!

As it happens I think it won't really take that long to click, Alt-Enter, Enter, down arrow, etc.

If only it were that easy with all my kermit-95 phonebook entries!

cheers
Rob

Can you try a third party keystroke logger/generator? You may be able to script it.

Interesting way of looking at the problem...I think I'll sit a monkey at the keyboard and see if I can train it though!
cheers

Rob

You may want to also check your registry, if they're listed there, it may be a simple matter of hacking the entries (again with a script) to enter the new info.

Good luck.

Just so you know - have heard absolutely nothing from Symantec about this yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back