Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCanywhere and activedirectory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrdance

Programmer
Apr 17, 2001
SE
I am using pcanywhere 11 on windows 2003 server. The problem is that it won't start automaticly after installing Activedirectory.

I am running the server on a dynamic ip.

In the eventviewer I found the following in this order:

The pcAnywhere Host Service service failed to start due to the following error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
----
The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NwlnkIpx because the Domain Controller (or Server) has changed its role.
----
The following DNS server that is authoritative for the DNS domain controller locator records of this domain controller does not support dynamic DNS updates:

DNS server IP address: 204.246.72.17
Returned Response Code (RCODE): 4
Returned Status Code: 9004

USER ACTION
Configure the DNS server to allow dynamic DNS updates or manually add the DNS records from the file '%SystemRoot%\System32\Config\Netlogon.dns' to the DNS database.
-----

It seems that I have some setting wrong in the active directory. Do you have any idea what setting?

/ thanks Henrik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back