Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere 9 / D-Link DI-713P problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motomanktm

Technical User
Apr 26, 2002
US
I am trying to access a pcAnywhere 9.? host PC (at office) behind a D-Link DI-713P wireless router/firewall, but cannot connect from the pcAnywhere 9.0 remote PC (at home) which is not behind any firewall or router. From other similar postings and Symantec Support, I gathered that I need to configure the router to open ports TCP 5631 and UDP 5632 to allow pcAnywhere access past the router? Are there other router settings for the host ip address??, and would I use the ip assigned by the router (192.168.x.x) or the actual ip address which I was able to obtain thru websites such as whatismyip.com? Both office wireless network and home are connected to RoadRunner cable modems, and have dynamic ip addresses. Will this even work without a static ip address for the host PC??

Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated, and Thanks in advance for any advice or help.

Hi there,

I have same setup and situation, as I know I have to open the port forwarding in the router, I guess it's in the "Aadvanced" link and the "Filter" one (or am I wrong?) You can see the internal IP (say, 192.168.0.[]) fields, add the IP you want to forward, and add the ports (as I know, whatever number, just don't use the common ones, TWO ports for pcAnywhere...) and have to set it "Enable".......

but it did not work, When I access from outside, the Real IP plus the port number, still don't work.... don't know how, can you try and let me know...?

Thanks.

WebTools, you're on the wrong screen of the router setup. You should be on the next page to the right -- called Forwarding, not Filters.

Try using that with the proper IP address settings and see if it works.

Good luck...

Finally I got it, it's called "Virtual Server" in the advanced mode, for D-Link 713P. Simply key in the IP & port number you want to forward and save it, reboot it, then you can access from outside. Tested on two Routers, Two (real) IP and have no problem to access from outside. Try it!! Thanks to jpm121's hints.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back