Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcanywhere 9.2 logging and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sibasis

Technical User
Mar 1, 2002
Hi,

Is there a way we can accurately trap pcanywhere connection problems like " user login failed" " modem not connected" "host cancelled call " etc through the script and write it to the log file instead of writing "unable to connect to host". I tried the pcanywhere logging options but that dosent work well at all ..I use Win 98 1st on all the machines.

I use one pc anywhere remote server to connect to 100 hosts and poll data daily and append perviously existing data for processing. I have written the script that checks, flags, creates and performs append and delete processes before/ after file transfers using a script without user intervention daily.. this script works great .. but a very rare issue somes up when connecting to a really slow host machine the file transfer object fails to initialize and the script hangs ..I am not able to trap this event .. pcanywhere knowledge base says that there is a prob while transferring small files in 9.0 butI use 9.2 .. is there a way I can trap this event.. has anybody come across this issue .. I do not find it consistent and hence I cannot solve this logically. please suggest ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back