Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PcAnyWhere 12.1 Connection Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volkar

Technical User
Sep 22, 2008
US
Hello all...

I have a home office computer running XP Pro SP3 and pcanywhere 12.1, (Computer 1). Connected to the Internet via Charter Cable. I have a Linksys WRT54G router with NAT enabled for pcanywhere on ports 5631 and 5632. I need to remote into this computer to both transfer files and run software on the office computer. I have a remote machine, (XP Pro SP2, pcanywhere 12.1 and connected thru AT&T DSL)(Computer 2) in another town. I also have a third machine in the same city as my office machine, (XP Pro, SP3 pcanywhere 12.1 also connecting thru Charter cable), (Computer 3)

Here's my problem:

I have the Office machine waiting for connection thru pcanywhere.

Computer two is trying to remote control into office machine and gets the error "unable to attach to specified device"

Computer 3 can successfully connect to the office machine with no problems.

I have checked the settings in pcanywhere on both remote computers and they are the same, (correct IP address to connect to, no firewall turned on, using AVG 8.0 free on both). When I was setting these machines up originally, I had both remote machine at the same location and was successful in connecting with both. I am at a loss to explain why computer 2 gets this error. Any ideas?

Under Options for Hosts do you have it set to only accept from the one ip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back