Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcanywhere 11.5 modem to modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanew2u

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have pcanywhere 11.5 installed on both home and office computer. They are using a direct modem connection. The home computer can call the office computer, the modem picks up and the sequence begins. But they never can authenticate or communicate. The call is dropped.

Now when I call from the office (as remote) to home (as host) it will connect, and I can see the home screen at the office, just like it is should. Or I can have the office (host) do a remote call to the house (remote) and that will work also.

So if I can connect one way why not the other? I have also disabled firewalls, but I don't know if that is needed because I am using dial up modems to modem.

Please help? I have looked through out forums no info on new versions of pcanywhere.

Thanks Chris

Make sure the office computer has its host connection setup properly, encryption level, valid user and password, etc.. The settings don't carry over from where you setup the remote connection in remotes.

Thank You,

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back