Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCanywhere 11.5 freezing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJEng

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2005
GB
Hi

AES 128/192/256 bit setting:-

I have recently upgraded to Pcanywhere 11.5 (from 11.0, which worked fine) and have been constantly plagued with the remote pc "screen" freezing. What happens is I will hook up to the main host and use it for several minutes and the "host" appears to freeze at my end and the host will then drop back to normal windows mode.

Also i sometimes get a "selection" problem too, this usually takes the form of:- multiple icon selection when I select one, toolbars dropping down or programs opening when I move mouse....

I know that PCAnywhere sends the keypresses and mouse data over the link and effectivly tells the host "what to do", as if I was actually sitting there at the host itself, when it starts selecting and opening its as if its got its wires crossed.

I find that if I use the AES encryption it freezes and using RC4 its ok. I have got on to symantec, but the suggestion given have not cured it. (Turning of AV, checking TCP settings etc)

These problems are apparent when I try and link up to another host from an entirely different pc too, so its unlikley to be a hardware issue.

I still think its a bug, but symantec dont.....so why did 11.0 (and 11.5 with RC4) work fine?

any ideas, before I pull all my hair out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back