Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere 10.5 with Win XP and DOS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

silvabak

Vendor
Apr 9, 2003
GB
Have just upgraded home computer and now have Win XP Had to upgrade pcAnywhere from vers. 9 to 10.5. One PC that we have to communicate with for remote greenhouse environment control only runs DOS. PCAW 10.5 posts error message when trying to communicate with pcAnwhere 5.0 for DOS. On 10.5 CD says install from previous version CD (which was vers. 5.0 on vers 9 CD already installed on remote PC) Have been told not possible for PCAW 10.5 to access a DOS machine. Is this correct? Have thought about installing Win98 + PCAW 9 and running control program in DOS window but may not not work! Any proven solutions please would be gratefully received.

I have never been able to get 10.5 to work with 5. I run Virtual PC on my XP machine with Windows 98 se and pdAnywhere 9.2 to talk with my dos machines in the field.
You could upgrade the host from 5 for dos to 9.2 for Windows but that means running Windows on the host.
Ken F

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back