Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere 10.5 Video Problems..

Status
Not open for further replies.

kescor

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
US

Here is the situation, We have two Dell 4550 with the NVIDIA 64 MB Video Cards. Some machines CAN take them over using PCAnywhere while others CANNOT. This is driving me crazy. I can go through another machine to get to the these and it works fine. It appears to be a combination video card problem on both the host and remote machines. The only other item of note here is the new 4550 (hosts) are windows XP while all of the other machines are Windows 2000. There doesn't seem to be a pattern of which machines can or can not control the 4550 hosts.

I have updated the video drivers, DirectX and PCAnywhere patches on all of the machine that are having the problems.

I also have been unable to get the host machines out of video compatibility mode in PCAnywhere.

My only thought is change products or upgrade to PCAnywhere 11.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back