Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere 10.5 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBS2

Programmer
May 17, 2004
GB
We have a client who uses pcAnywhere 10.5 to download data using Remote icons setup with AutoTransfer files. This approach works fine when he connects to systems running Windows 9x. However, some of the pcAnywhere Hosts run Windows XP Home - on this systems pcAnywhere connects but the AutoTransfer download does not start.

Anyone got any idea why this might be? NB. Run this AutoTransfer upon connection (in Automated Tasks) is definately ticked (so this is not the problem).

Check your settings for that connection. But, have you done any of your online updates? Mine works, but I am actually running 10.5.1. I do not know if that is the answer but its all I got. I have a hundred or so remotes setup, and whenever I add a remote I copy one of the others that is working and then make the appropriate changes as to keep everything the same.

Bo

I'm a man,, I can change,, If I have too,, I guess. (Red Green)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back