Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcAnywhere 10.5 OLE FileXfer problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmixodE

Programmer
Jan 27, 2003
NL
Halllo,

I have a problem using the FileXferFromHost function in AWREM32. I have a Delphi 5 application, which calls several remotes and then transfers files. For the tranferring of files I use FileXferFrom and ToHost with wildcards. ie. AWRemote.FileXferFromHost('C:\tmp\*.*', 'c:\myfiles\').
The problem is that most of the times the transfer is executed successfuly and FileXferFromHost returns True. But sometimes there aren't any files transferred, but FileXferFromHost still rerturns True! This is a major problem because the files on the host have to be deleted. Now sometimes I delete the files on the host, while they aren't transferred (because FileXferFromHost returns True)! Can anyone help me with this one? Maybe another way to detect if the files are transferred (probleem is I don't know the filenames and how many files are to be transferred, but I do know the file extension)

Thanks in advance

Oliver

I forgot to say I'm using modem communication

The files are created in Delphi... they are just plain textfiles from about 5k to 300k

Can you create some kind of file in your delphi program that somehow keeps track of the files it creates. For example, just create a file called files.txt, and every time you create a file in your program, write that filename to the files.txt file. Then use the files.txt file for doing your file transfer.

Sure I can... do you think the problem is that I use wildcards in my FileXfer? So I create a list of files and then these files are sent one by one using the FileXferFromHost command?

Yup, that is my thought. I send/receive all my files one at a time, and check after each transfer. Seems to work fine.

Let me know what you end up doing.

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back