Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCAnywhere 10.5 and Linksys Router

Status
Not open for further replies.

q8sam

MIS
Sep 16, 2003
KW
Hi, if someone could please help me in getting this to work, I followed Linksys and PCAnywhere setup but it did not work.

Things I did:
1. setup static IP as instruted
2. setup port forwarding

Still not able to connect from the remote over the TCP/IP..could anyone please help?

thanks

Are you certain your forwarding the correct ports? you might try forwarding a second set.. Sounds like you should be working but check out this link for some information regarding the different ports that pcAnywhere uses depending on the version of pcAnywhere your using.

Good Luck

~CN~

Thanks crazynoodle, I have figured this out yesterday, you were right, I had put the wrong port number....anyhow, I also thought when I try to connect from the remote location, I should be putting in the static ip which is like 192.168.x.x but that is not the case, I had to use the outside ip of my ISP.

Thanks for the help

are there any solutions for this issue if using DSL in which case addressing is dynamic rather than static?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back