Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PcAnywhere 10.0.0 vs 10.5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomKane

Programmer
Jul 24, 2001
AU
Hi,

I have a question about pcanywhere and would be grateful for any advice that you might have.

Our situation is that we have four pc that we have off site that we use to run particular processes for us. These pc's have recently been replaced for more powerful ones but we have found that the response from pcanywhere is much slower.

We had one of the pc's over here and we could see that when we ran it through pcanywhere (as though is was still off site) we could see that our key presses were going through just about instantly - it's just that the screen refresh within the pcanywhere session on our "calling" pc was taking a long time to come back to us.

The version of pcanywhere on the calling machine is 10.0.0 whereas on the off site pc's the version is now 10.5.0 - perhaps the solution is to upgrade our calling pc's software - but I was wondering if there were any configuration things that we should look at first before going that route.

Thanks,
Tom

Well, I looked on the pervasive web site and there was a thing about NT (which is the platform I'm using - thin kI forgot to mention that). It would appear that setting the application performance boost to none in the performance tab of the system icon within the control panel improves the performance - this is because background and foreground applications are then given "equal footing" on the pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back