Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PCa -Print DOS host app on remote printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbosko

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
US
W98 host / W98 remote

I've checked the Symantec site and found that PCa can print from a host dos app to the remote printer -- but the process confuses me a little. And the folks I have to deal with on the remote site are very non tech - so I'd like to get this understood before walking them through a process.

I have a host pc here running a dos application. We need the remote site to log in and be able to print on their own local printer. The dos app prints to LPT1.

Symantec tells me how to configure the print driver (spooler), but it doesn't tell me how the dos app knows which printer its going to print to. There could be several printers listed in "Printers and Settings" that are configured to print to LPT1. Does it look for the default printer??

I'm so very confused. Does anyone print from DOS apps anymore?? I sure wish we weren't.

Thanks for any input you might have.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back