Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pcA & Remote printing - Possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

qjhix

Technical User
Jul 31, 2003
CA
I recently set up pcAnywhere 10.5 (*just* before 11.0 came out) for a co-worker, so they could access our accounting software remotely.

Everything turned out fine and dandy and it works great, but there is one problem...

I need to know if *anyone* has any idea how someone can print something from a software program being used Remotely, when the program lies on the Host machine.

Ex: If my co-worker is creating receipts with our accounting software, they want to print them at her location while they use their Remote login. Instead, when they go to print, it prints on the Host machine's printer instead.

I'd greatly appreciate any help with tiny dilema, there is absolutely nothing listed on Symantec's site, so I was at a bit of a loss.

Thanks in advance!

Go to Tools -> Options. Scroll across the tabs at the top, and there's a nice choice for Remote Printing. You need to add a printer driver from the local user's machine, and they can then send print jobs from the host machine.

It's also documented in the help file. Pull up the Index and type Print.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back