Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pc to tv black screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

praise2him

Technical User
Aug 22, 2003
US
Hi,
I have a radeon dual monitor all-in-wonder(?) video card with tv out. Sometimes I like to watch movies from comp. to tv. I used to do this with out problems a year or so ago. Recently when I hook computer up to tv I get the desktop and whatever other programs to view on the tv but when I try to view movies via Divx player or win media all I get is black on the tv although it is playing on my computer. Just wondering if anyone else has run into this or if there is an answer to the issue.
Thanks for any help

Check overlay settings and ensure that the TV is not set up as the secondary monitor. Overlay only works on the primary monitor so if you've recently set your machine up for an extended desktop it's more than likely it's treating the TV as your second monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back