Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Tech Vacuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

skyblue

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
US
need a good ESD safe Vacuum for PC repairs.. anyone have any suggestions on what to buy?

i'm thinking that one that blows as well as sucks would come in handy. thanks,
eric

Try a search for Specialized Products. They use to have them.
You might also might want to look into a copy machine parts supply house. Techs there need them badly. And I think MMM manufactured them a couple of years ago. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

I've used a Kenmore canister for years and have NEVER had a problem. Yeah-Yeah...I know all the ESD warnings - etc. etc. - Maybe I'm just lucky? We don't seem to have a huge ESD problem here in the Dallas Texas area , cause of the humidity I would guess.

This is the type we used at work, but it is pricey. It isn't ant-static but I don't think the one you refered to in your link is either. I would wear a wrist strap connected to a good earth ground while using any vacuum cleaner just to be safe. I use a spray duster and blow the dust with one hand and vacuum the dust out of the air with the other and try not to touch anything.

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing....." [morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back