Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC rebooting after a few seconds on Win2k...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chavito21

Programmer
Mar 26, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I am having a problem with this PC. It keeps rebooting. It get to windows, ask for a password, I entered the password and start loading the program on the startup put after 5 or so seconds it rebbot itself. If I don't enter a password and let it wait there and it will also stayed for 5 minutes and then reboot itself. I also can't get in any kind of mode i try them all.
I tried to run a Norton Virus didn't find anything and I try to repair windows 2000, but no success yet.

Does anyone know what is my problem?
I am running windows 2000 pro.

Thanks
Chavito

What happens if you boot using a cd, floppy ? if the same thing happens I'd guess first at overheating

[tt]same here. check the bios for your CPU temps. what chip are you using? intel or amd?

Hardware problem of some kind - if it is 'time related', overheating is a definite possibility. what happens after reboot (ie, can you log in again for 5 minutes, or is it now not working at all. Second option would definitely suggest overheating - worth a look under the hood).

Could also be a flaky video driver. Try reinstalling the driver.

Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back