Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Mail general mailbox transfer return ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stlinc

Programmer
Feb 12, 2002
US
Ok, just set up a Large PC mail for a new install. All is working well except one thing. I'll try to explain:

Customer calls in and gets AA greeting. They are instructed to enter an extension # if they know one, if not, the system normally transfers them to the "transfer return extension", which is ext. 10. The customer removed the mailbox from ext. 10 so they don't have to check that "general" mailbox every day. Problem is now when people get the AA and don't enter an extension, they get transfered to ext. 10, but can't leave a message there, so they get bounced to the AA again and get stuck in a loop. The customer wants to have people just hear the main AA greeting, and then be disconnected if they do not enter an extension #. How would I go about programming that? I thought the VM always needs to have a transfer-return extension, and can't just disconnect the call if no ext. is entered.

I may not be able to fix it, but I certainly can't break it any further!

Transfer Return Extension", set in #306, is where a call that is trasferred from a voice mail port goes if it is unanswered AND the transferred extension does NOT have Auto VMS Cover.

The Call Answer Service Operator is Ext. 10, and can't be changed in PC Card Mail.

Example, you transfer from the Auto Attendant to the Break Room, which does not have VMS coverage, AND #306 for 78 and 79 is set to 11 (Notice, not 10), the call rings at the break room, and then to Ext. 11.

If Ext. 11 has VMS coverage, AND a mailbox, it will eventually cover to 11's mailbox.

I suspect that even though you deleted 10's mailbox, it still has Auto AMS Coverage (#310) assigned. Thus, the call will go to 10, cover to voice mail, but when it gets there, there is no mailbox, so it transfers back to 10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back