Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Mail Direct Transfer? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telman57

Vendor
Nov 2, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a way to transfer a call directly to a mailbox on a pc mail card?
I have a partner ACS R6 in a residental home. After several rings, the VM picks up and says "Thanks for calling - no one is available" "To leave a message for "A"
press 1. T Leave a message for "B" press 2.
If at all possible, I would like the caller (after pressing 1 or 2) go directly to the exts mailbox (without having to re-ring)
Auto VS cover w/zero rings hinders inside callers (if the person is on the phone and they can't voice announce) and Vms cover keys are too cumbersome.

Thanks for any help

Only if the extension is in DND will the call go directly (almost) to the mailbox. It will actually transfer out of the VM card to the extension, and bounce back to the other VM port to take the message.

A problem comes up when someone else is already in the VM (checking messages, another caller, etc.) when the call goes to someone in DND. The call will bounce back to the original port without any mode codes, and instead of getting the mailbox, the caller hears "you can not leave a message now" and gets disconnected!

So it's OK in low call volume applications, but I wouldn't depend on it. Move up to Partner Messaging, or even a used VS mail.

Thanks TT,

I really didn't think there was a way, BUT you never know till you ask
I'll probably leave it at an auto cover w/1-ring and set the other phones with voice announce auto dial
Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back