Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Locks Up When Installing A Cardbus NIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeconn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2002
US
I have two different Cardbus wireless NIC cards. I currently run a 10/100MB/56K Cardbus NIC/Modem in my notebook. When I insert either of the wireless NIC's in the computer, it locks up. If I remove the cards, it works. If I put just one of the wireless NIC's in without the wired combo NIC card, it still locks up. If I insert either wireless NIC with power off and startup Windows 2000 Professional, it locks up with about 3/4 of the blue startup bar up on the screen. If I put either in while it is running and it locks up, I can pull it out and it "unlocks". What is going on?

What is the make and model of your cardbus cards and your laptop. Also, if you could get the PCMCIA slot device information (make and model) also, it could be helpful.

"In space, nobody can hear you click..."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back