Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Large Card - Selector Code Keeps Defaulting to "Transfers the Caller to Ext. 771"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokermia

IS-IT--Management
Mar 4, 2004
US
Partner ACS R6 w/PC Large Voicemail card. The selector code has been set multiple times to transfer the caller to Ext. 13, but inevitably it will change on its own and start transferring the caller to Ext. 771. When checking the Selector Code in programming, it will tell you "Selector Code 5 transfers the caller to Ext. 771".

I understand from searching the threads that Ext. 771 is a Hunt Group. Does the fact that this keeps happening indicate that the card is starting to fail, or is there something programmed on the processor that I need to change? If the card is failing, I can always try to restore it to factory default first before telling the customer they need to buy a new one, but obviously if it's just programming then no money needs to be spent on new equipment.

Someone else is either changing it (which you could find out if you change the admin password to something else) or the card is at fault. I once had a client that selector codes kept changing and simply changing the admin password fixed the issue. Someone was accessing the system and messing with it.

I hope you are hearing, "Menu definition saved" after you change the programming. If you do not hear that, you are missing a step.

PVM card does not drag you through the selector code to change the greeting. AA greeting is option 3, Selector Codes are option 4. If someone is pranking you by logging into the SA mailbox, yes, change the password, but the backdoor passwords are floating around out there. If that doesn't stop it from changing, default the card and start over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back