Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC just restarts ......when in windows....HELP PLEASE........

Status
Not open for further replies.

arnaudnl

Technical User
Feb 12, 2002
NL
When I am in windows (windows XP pro ENG) the computer simply restarts all by it self. I don't know how to fix this. I just installed ADSL, thats all i did (usb modem).

I can't think of anything else...nothing special in bios.
I checked display properties to, screensaver and powersaving options. But there is nothing strange there to.

What can be the problem......please respond......

Many thnx.

If that doesn't work, it could be coincidence that it started recently and be a problem with the motherboard. My first Athlon PC had a FIC SD11 motherboard in it which would spontaneously reboot itself for awhile til it "warmed up". This drove me nutty so I replaced the board with an Asus one and it works great now. Also you could try reseating your pci cards, and make sure that nothing metalic is touching the motherboard (I had a similar problem previous to my earlier mentioned similar problem that was a bottle cap somehow got in my PC and was touching the MB... don't ask how it got in there I'm still not real sure). Another test to see if it is Windows or not is pop into your bios settings before windows loads and just let it sit there and see if it reboots itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back