Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC is dead, no Power...

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieHandvatsel

Programmer
Oct 2, 2003
GB
Hi

I know this is probably a very common problem. But I am desperate! I don’t know what is wrong?

My PC worked fine for a while, when last night when I tried to switch it on… Nothing. Not even the fan on the PSU. Nothing.

I opened the case to discover that the MB light is glowing when the PSU is switched on. But switching on the machine still has no results. I have a Lanparty NF II Ultra MB which has an on and reset switch situated on the MB for testing purposes. Pressing these buttons also creates no joy!

The PSU I use is a generic 400W. What could the possible cause be? I have checked the voltage selection and that is correct.

Please I’m desperate for my PC to work again! Any suggestions and advice would greatly be appreciated

More then likely, your power supply is dead. Try another one. If that no work then your mother board has fried itself since you get no post beeps. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back