Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Hardware Query Utility

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvachon

Programmer
May 22, 2002
US
Hi all,
Looking for a DOS based utility for reporting system hardware. I've already tried PCI.EXE [freeware], but it does not detect things like drives. I'm specifically looking to detect Iomega JAZ drives, CD-ROM drives, etc. along with SCSI adapters [which PCI.EXE did handle well]. Will need to tie the results in with a C++ program that will use those results to make some changes to AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files. Using to support possible drive swaps in legacy systems. (-:
Thanks in advance for all those responses!
Mike V.

Hi all,

So you all can stop searching - I believe I finally have an answer! After my own exhaustive search [plus evaluation of your submissions - Thanks to those who contributed anything] I came across the following site:

In combination with the PCI.EXE, which will report the SCSI adapter version and allow for output to a text file, I plan on using the SCANSCSI.EXE utility found on the above site. This utility will also output a listing of all SCSI devices tied to the SCSI adapter. This will allow me to create enough text info to analyze a target system with my own 'C' program and will report any & all PCI related devices plus any devices that may be tied to the SCSI adapter!

Thanks again all! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back