Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc disconnects from network

Status
Not open for further replies.

techbrain1

Technical User
May 14, 2016
GH
hello,
please am connected to my office network through cable connection but anytime my pc goes to standby and I resume the pc from standby,the pc disconnects from the network.unless i enter into the LAN settings and connect it back to the network before it joins the network.
please i need help and advance.

Have you had any luck on this issue? First off, it's not a hard drive issue, it's either a network or Windows issue, maybe. So a different tek-tips forum might have worked out better for you.

If it were me, I'd first be looking into the power options. One of the power options in Windows will turn off network adapters as part of its routine of saving power. That alone can cause issues. Also, if you're working remotely, you should really be sure you'd logged out and manually disconnected before allowing your PC to go to sleep. I'd not be shocked for that to cause issues if you're not logging out and disconnecting from your work network on your own.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back