Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pc clock shows some 3 or 4 hourse behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barny2006

MIS
Mar 30, 2006
US
anyone has any idea what causes this? i have set the time on some days, turn the machine off, and still keeps doing it. is it the battery? this mobo is only 4 months old. any suggestions is appreciated.

It sounds like a possible battery problem to me, too. If you have an old computer around you can swap batteries with, you can see if that's the problem for free. New batteries sometimes go bad, and you should rule that out before looking at other possibilities.

Lee

Also, check to see if the time zone is set correctly. You could also disable Internet Time. If it is something quirky in the automatic updating, that would fix it.

thanks! my automatic updates are set to auto. would updates case this? how would i check to see about the internet time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back