Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC changed domains , lost connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

normntwrk

MIS
Aug 12, 2002
US
We moved a PC that had SQL 2005 on it to a new domain . The user had a number of connections set up that she could use by using the drop down list. Those connections are all gone now. Does anyone know where the list of connections might be stored ?

I searched the registry but didn't come up with anything

Thanks
Norm

normntwrk said:
the drop down list

There are millions of dropdown boxes in millions of software applications - which one are you talking about?

Sorry I wasn't more clear, it is the drop down box in Sql manager for the connections to the various servers

We finally just recreated the connections
Thanks
Norm

@Joe, That was almost worthy of a pink thing that shall remain nameless.

@norm,
Usually physical type issues like this are filed under the SQL Server Admin forum

If you could post what you did to resolve this issue, it would help the next person that comes across this.

Lodlaiden

I haz all the letters: SME, BA, QA, PM, DEV, DBA, UAT, SE, HD

We just opened SQL server manager and typed in the IP addresses of the various servers that she connects to in the connection box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back