Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC card not recognized on boot from C:, but recognized on boot from A:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoary

Programmer
Nov 21, 2001
CA
s-) I have an older NEC Versa 550D laptop with a Panasonic SCSI PC card driving a Panasonic external CD-ROM. When I boot from the C: drive it doesn't recognize the PC card, but when I boot from a floppy with the identical OS version and configuration it runs fine. I don't even know where to start with this one.

I'd recommend starting with removing and reinstalling the pcmcia card slots in the device manager under safe mode. Let it reinstall and see what happens. Because the pc-card slots work off the floppy but not the hard drive, windows is causing a driver or resource conflict. If r&r doesn't work, just run the restore.
good luck. hg

X-) I'm sorry I neglected to say that as a result of this problem I can't install Windows as it hangs up at the "Are you installing from a device that will be disabled in the next step?" (or something like that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back