Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC card backs on an S8300

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffy101

Vendor
Dec 24, 2007
US
what is the largest card you can install in the flash card reader for an S8300. The total backup is about 95 meg with the 128 meg card it will fail after one backup. I have installed a 256MB and set the backup to save two backups. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue. I have an S8300 with CM 5.0.2 with Patches 02.0.947.3-17587 and 02.0.947.3-17614 I also have IA770 with +-N5.2-29.0---Ca+Aa.

Whynot setup an FTP or SCP backup, to a server/workstation on the clients LAN? THen you don't have to worry about storage, and you can also backup the IA770/CMM, which takes a lot of storage to make a backup... We do not use flash card backups any longer, FTP / SCP are so much easier, and better, since they get backed up on the customer network/LAN.

Mitch

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

I have set up an ftp backup which is working fine however the powers that be still want a flash card backup as well as the FTP backups.

I had a problem a while back with one of my readers. I looked up the manufacture of the reader and called their technical support group for a replacement. Not sure about the S8300 but my S8710's reader was made by Addonics. While i ordered the read/writer, I also looked for another card for this unit. I ended up buying a Sandisk Ultra II compact flash that was 4 GB. That replaced the 128 MB card i had. I had to format the new card before making a backup but it works without any problems.

When is the last time you helped someone, just because you were able to?

For the best response to a question, read faq690-6594

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back