Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PC Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayE

Technical User
Jun 23, 2001
GB
Hi,

Can you terminate a session in progress, if you are not happy with what other person is doing?

Regards,
Jay/UK

Sure, just right click on the pcAnyWhere host icon in the system tray, and click End Session. Or just unplug whatever media is connecting your pc to him.

Hi,

That's very reassuring.

Can you restrict user to just accessing the program you want them to troubleshoot?

Regards,
Jay/UK

I don't know of any way to do this with pcAnyWhere. If you were using windows 2000 terminal services you could do exactly that.

I'm assuming you are having problems with some software, and the software vendor tech support want to pcAnyWhere into your computer to fix it. In that case, just make sure you know exactly what they are doing. Watch them as they work, and I would also stay on the phone with them and have them keep you informed on what they are doing.

Hi,

That's interesting. You mention Windows 9000 Terminal Services, never heard of it, is it similar to Windows XP Remote Assistance?

As you say, as I can't restrict access, will definitely need to keep a close eye on what they're doing.

Regards,
Jay/UK

Yes, Win2000 Terminal Services is a lot like XP Remote Desktop. There are a few differences. First off, it is only avalable in Win 2000 Server. And it allows multiple sessions to connect to the server. Basicly you could have 100 people working off of one server, they would all get their own session. It's pretty nifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back