Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pc Anywhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

raptoid

Technical User
Nov 22, 2001
GB
Hi,

I have RAS setup on a WinNT4 SP6 box and this works fine when you dial-up. But i have one user who uses PcAnywhere to connect, if there is only him dialing in all is fine but if there is another user already dialed in without pcanywhere he is unable to connect. Is this a bug?

The modem's used are US Robotics Couriers.

Many thanks

Hi,

Pcanywhere is looking for a specific IP address where as your RAS users are able to accept addresses that are assigned by the RAS. So the first user into the RAS is taking the main IP address which is probably the IP address assigned for the Pcanywhere user. In order to get Pcanywhere to work you will need to assign a specific IP address seperate from your RAS.
I hope I didnt confuse you more!

Chuck
tek-tips@aspenpkg.com

If you feel a post has been helpful to you, click on the link at the bottom of this post to let me and others know the information was useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back